I've really missed having a green man since I sold the last one in April. After he went home with the musicians in Glastonbury, I started felting leaves and keeping them in a basket. The boy helped with mixing the colors for them. Finally on Saturday I couldn't wait any longer and started in on him.
I pulled a green sweater front out of the bin (for the backing), and built the face out of MaryAlice's white wool with my hand-dyed greens on top. It's a bit puffy still, but will shape up more the more I needle it. It may look like there's not much more to do, but it will take a lot more needling to firm things up, give the leaves more definition, and give the man a beard and mustache. Then I'll cut him out of the sweater and add a hanger. This is the kind of thing that's hard to put down when I get started on it, yet I have to, so I can have perspective on it as well as rest my arm!